Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public School Takes Down Painting of Jesus
(08-28-2015, 09:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: I have no problem teach about ancient religions in history.  I have a problem with one religion hanging their icons around a public school.

Why? Are you that weak-minded you might feel compelled to join that religion? Or are you saying it's only ok to hang what YOU want to hang?

You know, maybe we should just have separate walls; Christians hang their crap here, Muslims here, Jews here, etc. It worked when there were separate drinking fountains for blacks and whites, right?  :snark: 

I hate to break this to you, but this country has citizens with all different kinds of religious affiliations. Why, then, is only YOURS acceptable to be hung in a PUBLIC space?

(08-28-2015, 09:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: I guess we agree.

Obviously not.

(08-28-2015, 09:32 AM)GMDino Wrote: Edit:  So all the people who protest that the picture should stay or that the ten commandments needs to be on public buildings are weak?  Are there ANY strong religious people?

Yes. There are millions in this country. Millions who say nothing when people openly bash their religion or when people take down their iconography. Just because the ones you hear are the weak ones, doesn't mean they represent their religion. Unless you think otherwise, like all Muslims are terrorists, for example.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public School Takes Down Painting of Jesus - PhilHos - 08-28-2015, 09:44 AM