Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Your First Rounder For Foles?
(02-08-2018, 05:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely.

We are.

I remember now too.  I think you and I were for Manning (though I was a little concerned with the neck, but felt it worth the gamble), I even thought it would be good for Dalton to learn from him.  I was also on board for Bridgewater, the rest I was meh on.

I liked Carson Wentz, but we really didn't have a shot on him. That's what the anti-Dalton guys fail to understand. How often does a clear upgrade come available? It's easy to say "we need an elite guy". Welp...good luck finding one. You need to suck bad enough to nab a #1 pick and hope it's a worthy prospect...then hope that guy pans out. Even if he does, no guarantee he's truly a top 5 guy (see Carson Palmer).

If you're a contender, you have to hope a guy like Brees or Peyton comes available. Again, good luck. Of course, you know all this, but I think that's why we were both for signing Peyton. That kinda opportunity comes once every 20 years maybe.

Our only semi-realistic shot at landing an elite QB would be to roll the dice on a guy at 12. If that guy sucks though, you're stuck with him...as Andy won't take a demotion, and would likely request a trade after that draft. Plus with Mikey's patience, who knows how long a leash such a QB would get. So that's 3-4 more years wasted. Also, any QB we'd have would be saddled with Merv, so we'd have the same problems.  Gaah

We'd be much better served trying to find the right coach - who could get the most out of a solid QB - but we're not getting that either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trade Your First Rounder For Foles? - Shake n Blake - 02-08-2018, 09:55 PM