Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denmark bans face veil: Incompatible with Danish values
(02-09-2018, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Perhaps instead of just attacking me for doing research to prove you wrong you could post an article that proves every woman who wears a hijab is doing it because she is forced to by a man.

I realize that you believe your opinion never needs anything to prove it is true, but personal opinions usually don't carry a lot of weight in serious debates.

I am not disputing that some women are forced to wear a hijab just like some Christian women are forbidden from wearing pants.  I just don't think we should make make laws forbidding women from wearing a veil or a dress.

We have one of those in a parents group I belong to.  She's an older lady (retired) with two adopted daughters.  Former teacher.  Always wears a skirt, never pants.  I just chalked it up to women of a certain age.  

Turns out it's part of her religion.  And she made a stink because our dress code for chaperones calls for tan or black pants.  Apparently she had never chaperoned and complained she wasn't allowed to wear pants and it was against her religion and she wouldn't do it.  (Did I mention she complains about a LOT of things?) 

We're an easy going group and calmly explained that a black skirt would be fine...especially since some of the ladies wear them anyway.  Or shorts.  

I think some people just like to complain.  Or finds a reason to complain.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Denmark bans face veil: Incompatible with Danish values - GMDino - 02-09-2018, 03:37 PM