Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public School Takes Down Painting of Jesus
(08-28-2015, 10:28 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/9-investigates-dad-protests-islamic-lessons-school/nj7Ny/

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. —

A history book used in school districts across the state is sparking controversy in Seminole County.

A parent called 9 Investigates after finding out his son was learning too much about the Islamic religion in a public classroom.

Ron Wagner read from part of his son's world history book, "There is no god, but God. Muhamad is the messenger of God."

Wagner, who is not religious, said he had no idea the public school was teaching so extensively about religion until he spotted a text on his son's phone from a teacher reminding him to complete a prayer rug assignment and study an Islam packet.

I wonder if it was a quote about the religion in relation to how it is taught vs being a command from the teacher.

Out of context I mean.  I have no problem teaching about the history of religions and their evolution through the ages in history class.  Its great for understanding how and why people did things throughout history.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public School Takes Down Painting of Jesus - GMDino - 08-28-2015, 10:58 AM