Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 6 qbs passer rating when pressured and kept clean.
(02-09-2018, 10:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It wasn't like Lamar Jackson had Randy Moss and TO out there to throw to, either.  I think this kid has been severely overlooked by a lot of scouts because of his incredible athleticism.  They pigeon-hole him as a rushing QB when he threw the ball a lot at Louisville.  

To me, he looks like a more athletic version of DeShawn Watson.  I am sure Watson's success will help Jackson's draft status somewhat, but if he is still there in the second round, I give him a long, hard look.  If he is able to sit and learn a year or two, I think he could be a very good NFL QB.  

If you watched Louisville, he HAD to run a lot of the time because his receivers couldn't get open.  As he developed, he started running to scramble so he could buy time for his receivers instead of just running and taking hits.  

I think Mayfield could be the next Drew Brees and I think Rosen and Darnold could really struggle if they end up on teams that can't protect them (like Cincy).
He definitely needs to sit a year or 2, but him and Allen both had wrs drop a lot of passes. That said Jackson is very inconsistent. I have a cutup of every 10+ yard throw by Jackson. He'll be great for 1 half, then the next half throw it 7 yards over receivers head. If he gets more consistent watch out. Agree with ur Mayfield point but I think he's a cross between Wilson and Brees.
(02-09-2018, 07:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He short, not a great Arm( he has an NFL one), comes from a college style offense, and already has been arrested. Dude will be a second rd pick media made Superstar doubt the scouting community really loves him.
For what it's worth kipers/mccshay do their mock drafts based on what scouts are telling them, not necessarily where they think they will go. So apparently the scouts think Mayfield is a first round lock
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 6 qbs passer rating when pressured and kept clean. - Jpoore - 02-09-2018, 08:03 PM