Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 6 qbs passer rating when pressured and kept clean.
(02-10-2018, 09:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: None of those things are elite physical traits,  elite skill yes but physical traits no. Does he run fast no, is he big no, rocket arm no,  big hands like Brees or Wilson no. Look I like him as a prospect but your fooling yourself if you think that guy is going in the top 10.  Mayfield is probably at his ceiling as a QB and cant get that much better guys Like Darnold, Allen, Jackson, and Rosen all have more potential and have less baggage to them. To me four QBs go ahead of him and he is the first QB taken in Rd 2. Outside chance a team moves up to 32 to get him for a 5th year.

I know he's going top 10. It's not even a question mark.

Mayfield does have a high ceiling. He's a play maker, improved his accuracy, and has shown the ability to improve in multiple aspects of his game.

All 4 of those quarterbacks have issues as well.

Darnold is a turnover machine, didn't live up to the hype, and his throwing mechanics are wonky. Also doesn't exactly have the best arm. Deep thrower, but also misses quite a bit.
Allen has a pretty long ball. Too bad he's extremely inaccurate. He's dreadful inside the pocket, has happy feet, and makes bad decisions. He has the physical traits you like, but awful tape.
Lamar Jackson is my personal favorite quarterback in the draft, but also has flaws. He is a rhythm quarterback, he has games where he's off early then gets hot. Footwork needs to be improved.
Rosen is the other quarterback, besides Mayfield, that is arguably the most accurate. Although, Rosen is a statue in the pocket. He can't move outside and make plays. Throws off his back foot way more often than you'd like.

Every quarterback has issues. An "elite" trait means that they're one of the best to come out in years, not the best of the year. Granted, this year has way more potential than last year's class. But outside of Allen's arm, what elite aspects are there? Rosen's size?

There's a thing in the NFL called passing lanes. It's a part of pass protection many NFL fans don't know about nor talk about. It opens windows that allows quarterbacks to look down the field. It's not just "oh hey look over everyone's head". Not how the NFL works. Never has been. Every NFL team partakes in this aspect. Mayfield will do well in the NFL.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 6 qbs passer rating when pressured and kept clean. - wolfkaosaun - 02-10-2018, 10:07 PM