Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet
(02-12-2018, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Guess we'll just disagree on the term "decide" being the seminal point. 

"I wanna pass this bill"

"We are going to resist your attempts"

"OK, I decide not to pursue it"

So decide could most likely be the most apt word to use. The fact that they let it go, shows they decided to do nothing; as nothing was done in Congress. 

They didn't decide to not pursue it. The vote was in late December. The vote failed and the session ended. In the next session, Reid reintroduced it. The House, now controlled by the GOP, didn't let their version get out of committee, killing it.

In 2012, Obama enacted DACA as an alternative since no legislation on it would pass a GOP controlled House.

So whether or not we agree on how to cherry pick Trump's tweet to make him sound partially correct, your assertion that Democrats gave up on the Dream Act is wrong.

Quote:I do appreciate your attempts to downplay his desire to get something done on illegal immigration.

This thread is about his ignorance. If you want to focus on his immigration policy, feel free to make a new thread every week as it changes. 

Quote:Something other administrations have just kicked down the road.

I mean Obama did enact DACA, increased border security to their highest levels ever, and also saw a historic high in deportations that accomplished his goal of reducing recidivism. But, facts...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet - BmorePat87 - 02-12-2018, 10:42 PM