Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MNQB article on Dalton and the Bengals
(08-28-2015, 02:11 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Last year, I'll completely give you Dalton didn't appear to be an abovery average quarterback.  But to say he hasn't been above average (based on stats) over his first 3 years is simply just false. Im not a Dalton believer at all, but to say for all 4 years we have won in spite of him seems to be way far off and untrue given actual stats. And outside of OL and our RB last year, I don't really think "most" of our position groups were very good. I haven't looked at any stats to back that part up though.

Dalton ranked 13th and 15th in passer rating in '12 and '13. That's above average most definitely. Especially considering that 40+ QB's qualify for that category every year, not just 32.

Dalton has choked in the playoffs, just as the rest of the team has. Some just can't come to grips with that. The average QB is somehow held to a higher standard than his elite (until playoffs) teammates. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MNQB article on Dalton and the Bengals - Shake n Blake - 08-28-2015, 01:46 PM