Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN 2018 5-Round Mock 2.0
Crippled News Network's 2018 Mock Draft 2.0

1.) Roquan Smith ILB Georgia- I'd love to get Derwin James here, but I just don't think Marvin and Mike take another safety with Iloka and Williams on the roster, even though we should upgrade. Marvin talks like we're a new organization, so who knows, but I'm not banking on it until I see it.

He's a machine and just an athletic freak, which he can be all over the field and cover backs and tight ends. He needs to be a bit more patient, especially with having to play Le'Veon Bell twice a year, but Marvin's the backer whisperer, so let's hope that he calms his game a bit. Normally, he might be a little light for backer, but it's a new NFL and he needs to be able to move. The Le'Veon Bell offense is a lot different than the Jerome Bettis offense.

2.) Isaiah Wynn- we're hopefully getting a free agent center (Jensen), so play Wynn at guard and watch our interior offensive line just be dominant. He's a little bowling ball of power.

3.) Frank Ragnow C Arkansas- he has good size and can handle big rushers. I like Pollack to polish him a little and make him a dominant force in the middle of our line. Might seem bit early, but I don't want to miss solidifying our line.

3c) Fumagalli TE Wisconsin- style of play and conditions in college are similar to the AFCN. Good, dedicated blocker that handles his business. Also a good receiver but needs to work on his route running a bit, and I trust Bob Bicknell to polish his receiving game. He's 6'6 and can be the red zone target we need. Move on from Eifert.

4.) Brandon Parker OT North Carolina A & T- a small school guy that may need a bit of polishing under Paul Alexander? Hell no, but we have Pollack now, and Parker has a former NFL linemen for an old man, and he has a lot of raw talent. Hopefully Pollack can improve Ogbuehi's play, but Parker has the kind of talent to push him (if not start), and take over if Ogbuehi leaves when he becomes a free agent in two years.

5.) Siran Neal, S, Jacksonville State- small school guy that can play in the box, cover tight ends and backs, rush the passer, stop the run, play the pass, and just is a maniac. He can also play special teams. He's another maniac.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CNN 2018 5-Round Mock 2.0 - BFritz21 - 02-13-2018, 03:07 AM
RE: CNN 2018 5-Round Mock 2.0 - Jpoore - 02-13-2018, 05:12 AM
RE: CNN 2018 5-Round Mock 2.0 - BFritz21 - 02-13-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: CNN 2018 5-Round Mock 2.0 - Jpoore - 02-14-2018, 09:36 AM
RE: CNN 2018 5-Round Mock 2.0 - ochocincos - 02-14-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: CNN 2018 5-Round Mock 2.0 - pledgi - 02-18-2018, 04:00 AM