Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would you take in this mock draft?
(02-13-2018, 04:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: McGlinchey is the pretty obvious choice - plays at a massive need position, high quality prospect out of a good program and even better a program that runs a pro style offense. I would then commit to taking the top rated Center on the board in the second round.

Time to rebuild the offensive line and start to actually act on the truth that winning football teams are built from the lines out.

I completely agree. When I look at the team's glaring issues, it all comes down to the Oline and, to a somewhat equivalent extent (at least in terms of grades for each individual player), the Linebacker corp.

As far as I am concerned, we should be looking at 4 positions in the first round: LB (outside or middle, doesn't really matter), OT, OG and C.

OG may be a bit of a luxury pick because we do have some promising players there, in addition to Boling. Plus, as we all saw last off season, even if we draft an OG with a first round pick and they pan out to be one of the best guards in the league, our front office still has no intention of signing them....

But OT and C are the two priorities on offense. I am keeping an eye on Price because, right now, he is considered a top 20 selection in a lot of places. I imagine with a good off season, he will rise up to right around our spot in the draft. If people are uncomfortable with the first round OTs for whatever reason (McGlinchey for lack of potential, Williams for injuries, Brown for size and agility, Wynn for size and positional value, Miller for....something), I think Price would be a safe selection that would immediately improve our biggest weakness. Then we can grab a tackle in the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who would you take in this mock draft? - CJD - 02-13-2018, 10:05 AM