Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Early 53 Man Predictions
(05-17-2015, 01:28 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I think the OP is very close. I would argue Still doesn't make the grade because the likes of Hunt and especially Clarke are big enough to cover at DT. I think we take one more LB forward, be it Dimanche, Flowers or Porter. I could also see them going with 5 CBs and taking more than just 3 RBs, with Peerman/Wilder/Watson making it.

Flowers might make it. He's played pretty decently, but I've seen him get seriously burned on some outside runs. Maybe it's not just his fault, but we have to do a better job of stopping RBs from getting to the edge on us. Hopefully, the return of MJ will help with that.

Porter can't get/stay healthy. PUP or IR (again) at best for him. Dimanche hasn't impressed me at all this preseason, but the whole team looked so awful against the Bucs, it's hard to know. I do know that Dawson looked like a starter out there. If he keeps improving, I think we'll have two All-Pro LBs. When was the last time that happened? I can't recall that it has.

Troy Hill looked great against the Giants, not so great against the Bucs. I think we could keep him on the PS if we paid him enough to stop other teams from snagging him. So, I can see where we'd keep 5 CBs.

Hall
Jones
DreK
Dennard
Shaw

But I wouldn't sacrifice the CB to keep an extra RB. We need to make a decision on Wilder, I agree with you. But it would be very hard to let Peerman go, given his experience and performance on STs. He's also done well as a RB when called upon, but he's not the runner that Wilder is. Wilder might bump Peerman though because he HAS shown major improvements on STs. Watson should stick on PS, but if he looks as good against the Bears and Colts as he did against the Giants, that could really make it hard for another team not to take if we don't keep him on the roster. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015 Early 53 Man Predictions - BURROWorBUST - 08-28-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: 2015 Early 53 Man Predictions - CJD - 08-30-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: 2015 Early 53 Man Predictions - CJD - 09-05-2015, 10:45 PM