Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media being inappropriate when it comes to immigration
(02-13-2018, 02:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: USCIS is pretty simple. It’s backed up because of all these DACA illegals so everything runs slowly but had this guy not decided to run off to Brazil he would be a USC.

I'm going to have to call bullshit on this. I know people that have done it all above board and have navigated the complexities of the system. It takes a lot of time, and a lot of money, to make it all work. For example, the husband of a professor here. He is Swedish and was here at U Penn working on his doctorate with a student visa. He went to renew, and was denied. He was the right kind of immigrant, but that didn't matter. Because of this, he and the professor I know moved up their wedding so that he could then be classified differently. It still took a lot of time and money and they had to work with someone to help them navigate this all.

And let me be clear, these are two people that are anthropologists. They travel the world for their research. If they aren't here teaching, they are in China or Mongolia doing research. So they are not unfamiliar with immigration and customs, yet they still had to hire someone to help them navigate the system that took a ton of time and money to work through.

This was all before DACA existed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Media being inappropriate when it comes to immigration - Belsnickel - 02-13-2018, 03:16 PM