Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet
(02-13-2018, 02:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No that was not his point at all.  You have to be completely brainwashed to think that was his point.  He said nothing about what was actually accomplished.  All he talked about was what the Dems WANTED to do.

"The Dems had all three branches of government back in 2008-2011, and they decided not to do anything about DACA. They only want to use it as a campaign issue."

Let me make this even more simple for you.  Which party wanted to fix DACA more when the Dems had control of congress?  Which party tried to do more to fix DACA when the Dems controlled congress?

Like I said.  Only people who live in an echo chamber think the Democrats never WANTED to fix DACA when they controlled congress or decided to DO NOTHING.  Those claims are laughable.

So either they decided not to accomplish anything or they were unable to do so. Feel free to buy whichever narrative you choose and then ask yourself which is worse. 

Also if I were to join the "what was said, not what was meant club" I would have to ask: Why would anyone want to fix DACA, seems like a poor thing for the Dems to want to do; as all it does it delay deportation. Seems a more noble undertaking would be to scrap DACA and develop a merit-based pathway to citizenship.

But I understand the point you tried to make.  Let's all just hope Congress decides to support POTUS' desire to develop a pathway to citizenship.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet - bfine32 - 02-13-2018, 05:52 PM