Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of predictions from Sports Illustrated.
(02-13-2018, 08:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think we need to define what exactly conservative is. Could mean a lot of different things to people. Speaking for myself, Marvin has never really put a team away that was down. Sure there has been probably one or two over Cleveland, but that's Cleveland. I believe Marvin even said way back in the beginning, he prefers the defense to win the game in the 4th quarter.
 His game management is horrid IMO. Stupid TOs, bad challenges and too chicken shit to be aggressive on defense. You listen to him during his press conferences and he will say, "we can't be beat by the big play".  What the difference between them scoring on 1 big play or just dinking and dunking down the field because you are play 10 yds off the ball? 
Offensively, you can bet the first 2 plays called when we are sitting on a lead is going to be runs and then followed up by a pass that is 4 yards shy of a 1st down. Why, is he afraid of turnovers? Every team we play knows this. It's on game film. The big flaw in this is, we can't run the ball or we haven't in about 3 years. So if you're not successful running the ball, why try to pound a square peg into a round hole?
Not saying this happens every game but quite a few. 
But you are right, it can't be easy working MB. I know I couldn't. He can not adapt to things when they change.

I have been wanting to know the answer to this question also. You can look at our bend but dont break the last few years with Guenther and it was successful if you just look at the pure numbers with PPG. Every time we faced a team that had a reasonable offense though we would get beat. They would know what to do. Just run a delay and have the running back cut back to the opposite side and all of our defense would over pursue for big gains or just have their TE block and release and no one would cover him. 

It drives me insane. In 2015 we finished 2nd in Defensive PPG but we faced a ton of bad offenses that year. 2016 we finished 8th but got shredded by the better teams on the schedule..
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of predictions from Sports Illustrated. - bengalhoel - 02-14-2018, 02:02 AM