Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of predictions from Sports Illustrated.
(02-13-2018, 05:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...but they still know more than us hence why they are in the league and we aren't. No matter how much people want to arm chair every decision if we actually knew what we were talking about we wouldn't be here we'd be there. Over simplification of situations and context of decisions doesn't work in the real world like it does around here.

Not unless our last name was Brown or Blackburn. I guess a last name automatically makes you qualified though.

(02-14-2018, 09:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's not about rocket science it's about the ignorance of 99% of fans. Most fans have no real clue how things work from actual play design and responsibilities, to scouting, and even cap management. You can hate the coaches results but the constant smug comments by fans here about how obvious every decision or move is gets so annoying when people honestly have no clue.

Nor do the folks getting paid to do those things in Cincinnati, apparently, as our 27 year streak would attest to.

Seriously though, it doesn't take an NFL insider to look at how other teams are doing it, how "different" the Bengals do it, then look at the results over the last 27 years and realize something is wrong.

(02-14-2018, 12:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zimmer needed an absolute miracle to win a playoff game.  In his other two post season games his Vikings have blown a 2 score lead in the fourth quarter and gotten blown out at home.

Not bashing Zimmer.  I actually like the guy a lot.  But he is not the god that some here seem to think.  His defenses stunk it up in the playoffs while he was here.

My goodness. If you judged Marv by the same standards you're holding Zimmer to, you'd be the biggest hater on this message board.

Zimmer took what? 4 seasons to do something Marvin is still trying to do in year 16?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of predictions from Sports Illustrated. - Shake n Blake - 02-14-2018, 01:55 PM