Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line overhaul-LT, C and RT are still not stable Mock
This Mock assumes that the Bengals win in the AJ McCarron grievance case and trade him to Cleveland for a 2nd round pick. 
(Watch us lose the case nullifying this Mock but here it goes)

1st - Mike McGlinchey (Left Tackle) 6' 7  310 pounds - Left tackle is still a glaring need and I have heard more than 1 Analyst that I respect consider McGlinchey to be the Top prospect at the position. Use this pick to fix the problem.

2nd (from Cleveland for AJ) - Orlando Brown - (Right Tackle) 6' 7   340 pounds - The right tackle position is still unsettled and this pick should settle it. Brown is a massive, athletic tackle with NFL bloodlines as his father was an NFL tackle. Has the girth you want in a right tackle and I don't want another season of hoping that Fisher pans out. Right Tackle problem should be fixed with this pick.

2nd - Malik Jefferson (Linebacker) - 6' 3   240 pounds - Entering the draft as a junior and playing next year as a Senior may have pushed him into round 1 of the 2019 draft. Bengals add some much needed linebacker talent to develop. They will likely bring in a Free Agent as well with a return of Kevin Minter or possibly Tahir Whitehead who Teryl Austin has worked with. Jefferson has good size and athleticism.

3rd - Frank Ragnow - (Center) - 6' 5   318 pounds - A larger man than Bodine that should upgrade the Center position. Dalton thrives when he can step forward to throw in the pocket and Ragnow may be the answer.

3rd (Comp pick) - Mike Gesicki - (Tight End) - 6' 6   252 pounds - Tall, athletic pass catcher with good size at 250 plus pounds. No longer hoping for a healthy Tyler Eifert to be able to play. If uncertain that Gesicki will be here, I would package another later pick with this one and move up earlier into round 3 to get him.

** This mock would allow for Tyler Eifert and Andre Smith to possibly not return with their money to be used elsewhere. Any odd players out like Jake Fisher/Cedric can compete at Guard or be backup tackles should they get beat out fairly quickly by a drafted player. Eric Winston could be a standby option like he was last year in case of injury. Andre Smith could still return with this mock but may not need to. Andre was the 2nd highest Free Agent signing last year so that money could be used elsewhere. Tyler Eifert could still return under a Bengal friendly prove it deal but the Gesicki pick should ensure healthy tight end options are on the roster. Offense thrives when the tight end is productive.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
O-line overhaul-LT, C and RT are still not stable Mock - depthchart - 02-14-2018, 02:03 PM