Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of predictions from Sports Illustrated.
(02-14-2018, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. Zimmer took over a team that was one year removed from making the playoffs.  Marvin inherited a team that had not had a single winning season in 12 years.

2. Mike Zimmer does not have the handicap of having Mike Brown as an owner.

3. And Zimmer still needed a complete miracle to win a single playoff game after blowing a 10 point lead in the fourth quarter.

4. And if I judged head coaches the way you do I would be saying that Dom Capers was better than Mike Zimmer.  Capers not only won a playoff game quicker than Zimmer, but he also has a better post season record than Zimmer.  That is the onnly thing that matters, right?

1. We're heading into year 16 for Marv. What does the 2002 team have to do with Marv not having a playoff win in 2018?

2. That Mike Brown handicap did not stop Marv from going 11-5, 10-6, 9-7, 10-6, 11-5, 10-5-1 and 12-4 in playoff years. Do you really think Mike Brown hindered Marv in the playoffs, but not so much in regular season?

3. Marvin Lewis has even been immune to miracles. 

4. Link to where I said "playoff wins are the only thing that matters"? 

I judge coaches on both, and Marv has been mediocre in regular season, and terrible in the playoffs. I guess you disagree with that assertion. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple of predictions from Sports Illustrated. - Shake n Blake - 02-14-2018, 02:34 PM