Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line overhaul-LT, C and RT are still not stable Mock
(02-14-2018, 03:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't really think McGlinchey fixes any problem at LT.  He's not an elite pass blocker by any stretch.  

I would love Brown, but I'm not sure he makes it to the 2nd round.

Former NFL GM Charlie Casserly has mocked Mike McGlinchey to the Ravens at pick #16 and he considers him to be a solid Left Tackle prospect.

Casserly was a successful GM and gets knee deep into his mocks for NFL Network. He gets into it and I respect his opinion.

Rare to have a former successful GM do extensive, well thought out mocks, so I give his more weight than say a Kiper/Mcshay/ or Website. 

I don't see the Bengals getting a legit Free Agent to solve the left tackle problem, so to me, we better take the Top prospect in this draft or we likely don't fix it. If another Left Tackle prospect rises to a Top half of the draft caliber guy then I am all for taking whoever that ends up being.

Orlando Brown at the top of round #2 may or may not be possible. He is getting late 1st looks or barely squeaks to the top of the 2nd. I see Orlando as a Lock if we were to get him to be an excellent right tackle. I maybe trade up to low 1st to make sure we get him (from Cleveland pick) but I think different than most which can be good or bad.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: O-line overhaul-LT, C and RT are still not stable Mock - depthchart - 02-14-2018, 03:52 PM