Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public School Takes Down Painting of Jesus
(08-28-2015, 09:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You know, I am constantly amazed at how weak-minded atheists and agnostics are that a simple picture or a few words are enough for them to consider being converted to a particuar religion.

Just sayin'.

Why are things that are "public" so exclusionary? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Allow ALL religious iconography. Allow the Jesus painting. Allow the Quran. Allow Mjolnir. Allow these things because it's PUBLIC property, not ATHEISTIC property.

"Public" schools are financed via the government by our taxes and have elected school boards.  Our government is prohibited from elevating one religion above another.  If there is only one religious icon in a public school then the government is elevating that religion above others.  You and other Christians are perfectly happy to ignore this when the painting is Jesus.  However, if it were a painting of Muhammad I doubt Lucie would be so understanding.

I wonder if anyone would complain if I came to your church to teach PhilHos, Jr. the theory of evolution and teach him Genesis is a myth?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public School Takes Down Painting of Jesus - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 08-28-2015, 04:37 PM