Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Been Awhile...This Franchise is Still a Circus...What else is New?
(02-15-2018, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This will likely not dazzle you, but I now include myself in the group of fans that sees little to no hope or optimism in this club.  When they re-signed the incredibly conservative Marvin Lewis, they lost me.  I had hopes of a guy like Pederson that was imaginative, creative, aggressive...all the things I love about certain coaches and gameplans.  

But, we got Marv. 

While some of the faces have changed (Alexander finally gone, Austin as DC, etc), I just see very little reason for optimism with a guy that STILL hasn't figured out how to run a two minute drill.  

When I watched Jax beat up on pitt (that was a good day) early and get out to a 21 point lead, all I could do was picture the bunker of conservatism that Marv would hide in with such a lead.  Then I realized, he probably wouldn't have even been able to get a 21 point lead and would just go conservative with a 7 point lead...in the first quarter.

The same turds (Bodine, Hopkins, Ced O, Lafell) keep getting rolled out there despite being some of the worst in NFL history.  But they are real pros, according to Marv.  We see guys like Westerman and Redmond rot on the bench only to look a thousand times better than the starters when given a chance afforded to them only our of injury necessity.

I gave up my tickets.  It was more a function of my father's knee issues than just the performance...but Marv being back sure made it easy.

They are still my team.  I still love the draft, but I really see little to no hope for this team.  I will just enjoy the process of the draft and watch the games from home from now on.  

This is me no longer:

via GIPHY

It's a sad day when SHRacerx losses his hope. This dude has been a ray of sunshine for as long as I have been on here. Sadly, this is how I've felt for last few years now...The Pitt debacle sent me into more of a protect my emotions/lower my expectations mode. I have become pessimistic about this team. Still my favorite team, but I am starting to feel some sort of way about them. Hopefully one day it'll be worth it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Been Awhile...This Franchise is Still a Circus...What else is New? - Hoofhearted - 02-15-2018, 10:24 AM