Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack interview on Bengals.com
(02-15-2018, 11:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: One reason, and one reason only......you have no one that can play LT as well as he showed.  They need to fix that.  Now that Whit os gone, Boling is my dog.  I am not concerned at all about Clint Boling, regardless of where he plays.

I get a little irritated at some people saying "There's no good LT in this draft! Just wait until next draft!"
Well, there haven't been many good LTs for a few years now. Like the past five drafts. That's why guys like Whit are still rocking in this league. There haven't been enough young guys coming in to supplant the aging guys.
You've got Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews from 2014 leading the pack that are good LTs (rated low 80's by PFF).
After that, you have just solid middle-of-the-pack starters in Ronnie Stanley from 2016 and Eric Fisher from 2013 (rated low 70's by PFF).
Then it drops off more to the likes of Taylor Decker and Garrett Bolles for teetering that serviceable line (rated low 60's by PFF).
And last, you get into the Laremy Tunsil, Cam Robinson, Cedric Ogbuehi group of bad rated starters (so far at least).

If the Bengals keep waiting around for someone "worth" their pick and can't get a stud in FA, they'll be stuck with the same bottom-tier talent at LT for years.
They might just have to accept getting someone who is a middle-tier lower-ceiling, higher-floor guy for now at least to get at least serviceable performance because an elite LT that could be available when they pick might not come by for a long time given the infrequency of good OTs coming out of college.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frank Pollack interview on Bengals.com - ochocincos - 02-15-2018, 02:36 PM