Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft/FA positional value?
Stumbled across this and thought it would be helpful to see how the Bengals seem to value certain positions. It's on par with how many other teams view those same positions. With that being said, it looks like Tackle is a very high probability than Guard or Center, which I agree with 100%. They'll probably go LB/S before grabbing another guard or center. I fully expect them to do that around round 4. I also fully expect them to sign both Dunlap and Geno.

Round 1: Tackle
Round 2: LB
Round 3: S/CB
Round 4: Center/Guard
Round 5: Center/Guard
Round 6: RB
Round 7: LB

[Image: NFL_Pyramid.0.jpg]
CONTRACT
After the ROOKIE CONTRACT expires what is the Franchise Tag number given to the position (ie QB Brady vs DB Revis vs FB Leach )
SCARCITY / DEMAND
This has more to do with how often this position (as a starter) is let go onto the market than draft. For example, the last time a "decent" starter became a free agent at QB was Drew Brees. The last time a "decent" starter at DT became available was Ndamukong Suh.
DURABILITY
How many games does the average starter of this position play in a 16 game season?
EFFECTIVENESS
This is more of a sub-component of durability. It’s based on teams win percentage if a player at a certain position goes down.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Draft/FA positional value? - Hoofhearted - 02-15-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Draft/FA positional value? - Go Cards - 02-15-2018, 02:48 PM
RE: Draft/FA positional value? - Go Cards - 02-15-2018, 04:49 PM
RE: Draft/FA positional value? - J24 - 02-15-2018, 04:13 PM
RE: Draft/FA positional value? - J24 - 02-16-2018, 12:29 PM