Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-16-2018, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree 100% with this.  In fact most childhood development experts also agree with you.

I just don't think you spending 15 minutes with one student makes you smarter about this issue than people who have trained and studied their entire life to deal with children that have disabilities.  It is like dealing with sick people.  You might spend 15 minutes with a terminally ill child and get the impression that the child was not sick at all.
I'm not saying it makes me smarter or knowing more, what I am saying is that, just from talking to this girl, I was able to determine that she was smart enough and could function enough to complete what I asked of her.

And you're doing exactly what I expected you to do which is lumping them all in as the same, just like the teachers did.  
(02-16-2018, 12:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You must suck at giving instructions.

Or it's just because kids get over-anxious because what happens is a video pauses for three seconds and then starts back up again, and they just click while it's paused because they think it's over even though I tell them beforehand that it will do it.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids? - BFritz21 - 02-16-2018, 12:37 AM