Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet
(02-15-2018, 11:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not exactly sure why you quoted my post to share that; as it did not answer the question posed. How is one of the two plans that provide a pathway to citizenship for the same amount of dreamers protect them more than another? 

As I said, the only substantial difference in the 2 proposals in concerning future immigration. Yet the left (Schumer) keeps up the mantra of Trump doesn't want to protect dreamers.  

If he were to veto a bill identical to his but lacking border wall funding, you could make the argument that he doesn't care about them and is using them as a concession for his wall.

I wouldn't claim Democrats support a wall just because they vote for a compromise bill that includes it along with protections for Dreamers.

But to address your first question, how could one bill be more protective than the other if they're identical in that aspect? One couldn't be. There's no argument to make that one protects the them more than the other in this scenario. The bill itself is without motive. The motive comes in how the individual legislators vote and in the action of the executive.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump struggles with the basics on history and civics in DACA tweet - BmorePat87 - 02-16-2018, 12:56 AM