Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Been Awhile...This Franchise is Still a Circus...What else is New?
(02-15-2018, 10:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, you and Pistons would've cuddled up together to death for the last few months of '17, with the negativity you guys spread...

You're always a good poster, Toast, but there's a way to be critical without being completely negative and turning people off; that's how this place was from November until playoffs.

I figured as much, which is why I made a point to stay away.  A person whose attitude maybe changed throughout the year, or someone actually watching each and every week and each every minute, deserved the space and outlet much more than someone like me.  There was literally nothing left for me to say that I hadn't said numerous times earlier.  And I didn't want to be the guy that shows up the moment of failure with a smirk and a "I told you so".  That guy sucks, I'm sure that much we can all agree

Truth be told, I never even read the boards during the season. I kinda just thought that one way or another they were ugly and better served for people to express real frustration than for another pseudo former fan like me to pile on. As crazy as it may sound, I really did and do feel bad for some of the more positive and vocal supporters.  I know how much it sucks going through a year like that when you're hopes are up. I did it for so long. I'd get super hyped, only to have the team put a downer on my Sunday, or force me to chuck a remote or something.  That shat SUCKS,

As Gloria said (paraphrased) to Billy Hoyle in the cinematic masterpiece that is White Men Can't Jump, "I don't want you just going to get you a glass of water. I want you to say you too get thirsty, that you can sympathize with me dry mouth."  Well, positive Bengals fans... even this Negative Nancy too can sympathize with that glass of piss water you were served up.

My thoughts never made me want to mock anyone for having to drink it. I've been there. I too know what's like to have this team drive my nuts. Gloria, I can sympathize with you.  lol I've drank that water like everyone else. I may be a dick at times, but I can't take any pleasure in regular everyday people, with regular everyday jobs and responsibilities having something that should be fun cause them frustration.

I can only imagine what the board were like after that press conference.  Woof.... :paul:
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Been Awhile...This Franchise is Still a Circus...What else is New? - Wes Mantooth - 02-16-2018, 01:37 AM