Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-16-2018, 01:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My point was not whose fault it was.  My point was that you can not evaluate these children well enough to know which ones can do it and which ones can't.  You don't know more about then in 10 minutes than their teachers who have worked with them for months.
Once again, like always, you're changing your argument because you're full of shit.

My point was that they categorize them and lump them all together and make them feel like they can't do things that they can.  I realized that this girl had function of her hands and that she was at least mentally aware of what I was saying and comprehended it.  

(02-16-2018, 01:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea how it might have affected her.  That was one of my original points.  She might have freaked out and made a scene.  It might have traumatized her much worse than an average child.
Or the teachers are like you and just assumed that it would and never took the time to realize that she's not as bad as they think just because she technically has Autism.

That's my point that they label them from the start.

And why would she have freaked out?  When kids press it, they keep going and don't even realize that they made a mistake, which I politely tell them how they messed up or just fix it myself.

(02-16-2018, 01:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If the task you gave this girl was so simple then why doi half of the kids who do it mess it up?

My point is perfectly valid.  Just because a child does something once does not mean they have mastered the skills.  It could have just been luck.

Because they get anxious.  

And your point is nowhere near valid because I didn't say she mastered any skill, I'm saying she was able to accomplish a simple task.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids? - BFritz21 - 02-16-2018, 02:13 AM