Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Been Awhile...This Franchise is Still a Circus...What else is New?
(02-15-2018, 11:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm sure I'll get flack for saying this, but the game had passed his old man by too. He's a legend, he deserves all the credit he gets, but Paul Brown, HC of the Browns, vs. Paul Brown, HC and GM of the Bengals, are two completely different animals. Paul Brown - Browns is a legend, a HOF'er if there ever was one, and most importantly, he was ahead of his time.  He won, and he won a lot.  Paul Brown of the Bengals, while still a legend, and still a capable coach, had average to below average success here, and rather continue to post above seasons, and show innovation, slowly became a little bit of old grouch, a little a cheap, a little stubborn... (Sound like anyone?)  And that's ok, it happens to pretty much everyone at some point. It doesn't nothing to diminish his career or contributions.  I only point all of this out to illustrate that some of this is either learned or expected behavior.

Truth. The evidence that the game had passed him by was when he passed on the innovation of Bill Walsh and went all friend-zone and promoted old-school Tiger Johnson as HC. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Been Awhile...This Franchise is Still a Circus...What else is New? - rfaulk34 - 02-16-2018, 02:42 AM