Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"mass shootings" and "gun violence" are not the same issue.
(02-16-2018, 09:12 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I read this article a few days ago, and it's the perfect peace for this thread. The author is a former researcher at 538 who bought into the mass hysteria about the gun problem being mass shootings and demanded polices that curb mass shootings to lower gun crime. She is still largely against guns, but now she proposal public policies that address the root of gun crime.

https://archive.fo/XChCw

Yeah, she is spot on. I did a policy memo on gun violence over the summer and saw the same thing. I still advocate for certain measures regarding access to firearms, but most of them are surface level issues to help buy time until adequate research can be done to find policy solutions for a more holistic approach to solve the systemic issues that are the underlying causes. We have been stymieing research on this topic for a long time and that needs to end.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: "mass shootings" and "gun violence" are not the same issue. - Belsnickel - 02-16-2018, 10:01 AM