Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too lewd or are we being too PC?
(02-16-2018, 04:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am leaning a bit towards too PC, mostly because in the Rio Olympics that Tonga guy came out carrying the flag shirtless and it seemed like every woman on the internet/TV splooged their collective pants. Yet nobody was shaming them in outrage for focusing on his looks rather than the merit of his ability/character.

I see a distinction

(02-14-2018, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To me it does not matter if she was 17 or an adult.  I don't think every discussion about a woman should be about how good looking she is.  It makes men sound like dumb animals.

Men complain about everyone believing every allegation of sexual misconduct with women, but when you judge a woman athlete (or doctor or author) by how hot she looks that is pretty strong evidence that the only way you can relate to women is as sexual objects.

Now if a famous woman athlete (or doctor or author or whatever) flaunts her sexuality by posing for pictures in a bikini or something like that then it is okay to discuss it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too lewd or are we being too PC? - fredtoast - 02-16-2018, 04:45 PM