Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-16-2018, 06:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Completely different situation and I don't know how you're not comprehending this.  I'd say that you're intentionally ignoring it, but I don't think that's the case.

It's not half the time, but let's say it is because that's what I mentioned: the teacher didn't know about the part that kids screw up on because no one had screwed up on it that day, she wasn't around when I told the other kids, I didn't mention it to her that it was ever a problem, and it's not something that anyone would ever think that kids have a problem with it because it only happened once and the kid hit the backspace within a second so it's not like anyone even noticed, so her assessment was that the child couldn't perform the simple task of clicking from slide to slide.

I also never said I was a PERFECT judge of a kid's ability, and it's not even about ability, but that's just more empty rhetoric, which is basically the only thing you ever post.

Kids just get anxious and impatient, and it's my fault really for the way I made the videos because two of the three football videos pause for 3 seconds when the arrow pops up, so they think nothing else is happening (I should have only made them pause for one second, but, for some reason, I thought kids might miss it if it was only there for once second.  Go here to see what I mean.)

It's not 50%, but it's a lot.  

Just because those plans are made, doesn't mean that they're not treated unfairly or labeled in a group as a child that can't do something, as my example shows.

You suggested some kids are all treated the same way. 504 plans ensure they are treated individually. Now, you're treating all schools and teachers the same based upon one example.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-16-2018, 06:47 PM