Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frank Pollack interview on Bengals.com
(02-17-2018, 02:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Due to those workouts being in such close proximity to the draft, I'm not sure if any information gained from those workouts would have much bearing on draft strategy.  

I would guess that Coach Pollack would most likely have to determine needs, based upon what he's seen in film of the current players.  Not to discount the value of that, as I'm sure that he can determine much from watching film in coordination with a personal interview.

Doesn't seem like that much time on the surface, but as you say he has enough film to determine if there is enough physical talent to work with. I imagine the week or so he has will be spent on looking at mental acuity for learning new scheme(s) and work ethic. Still ..... it's one thing to pass the eye test, and to even have all the right answers, given with enthusiasm. It's another for the guy walk the walk, especially in the face of making major changes. This might be overly harsh, but I doubt Pollack will have to spend much time in determining moving on from Ogbuehi will be the best thing for the team.

The one thought that keeps coming back to me is with watching Ogbuehi fail as much as I have since he's been here, not once did I say to myself "Wow, at least he's an amazing physical talent". 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frank Pollack interview on Bengals.com - wildcats forever - 02-17-2018, 06:51 PM