Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-19-2018, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea how teachers are trained to deal with autistic children.  HBow could you possibly know this?
I'm pretty sure I just told you that my friend has an autistic child and she also worked in Special Ed classes and things like that at his school.

(02-19-2018, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What exactly did you see in this case?  You saw how one teacher advised you about one student.  When you are in aschool you don't observe them in classrooms.  You can't tell which children are autistic and which ones are not.  You did not even know what a 504 plan was before this thread.
How can you even pretend like people take you seriously when you just assume things and post flat-out lies?

First off, I interacted with the child, saw how one teacher told me that she wouldn't be able to accomplish the task, and then another teacher agreed with me about the babying.

I knew what a 504 plan was before this thread.

Like I said, how can you even pretend to be taken seriously when you just post lies and constant garbage to fit your agenda?

(02-19-2018, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And this could have been exactly what the teacher was trying to protect this girl from.  Maybe the teacher was familiar with your high failure rate with picking assistants and advisiing them on how to help you.
How would she have known that?  It's also not a failure rate because it's just the one slide that gives kids problems (if they click while it's paused on the first one then they don't do it on the second), and a lot of times teachers pick the kids and they still have just as many time.  So how could I suck at picking them (as you said) if the teachers pick just as many kids that mess it up? 

(02-19-2018, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea how teachers are trained to deal with autistic children.  HBow could you possibly know this?

Except they are not.  This is a complete lie.  Each plan is different based on the individual child.  And they try to challenge the students while taking into account their disabilities.  You are just making stuff up out of thin air.  You don't have any clue what you are talking about.

If every 504 plan was exactly the same then why would they work with each individual child to come up with a specific plan?  If they were going to lump them all together and treat them all the same then they would have no use for 504 plans.
You just make things up out of thin air and expect everyone to buy into it, even when you're completely wrong.

How would you know in depth how much time is put into plans and things like that, especially since they all have to be different?

I'm not saying that they're all exactly the same and I know they take into account their disabilities, but my point is that they're too cautious when considering those disabilities.

Grampahol's post is very relevant to that, which you completely ignored because you can't just pretend like you know more than him about this, like you're doing with me.  You just post things and expect everyone to buy it because you're a talented writer.  It's usually just empty rhetoric, though.

(02-19-2018, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes I know this.  And anyone who has ever been trained in childhood development knows this also.  That is why they have individual 504 plans.

The fact that you keep accusing me of lumping them all together proves that you have no clue what you are talking about.  I understand that they are all individuals with different levels of disability.  How can you accuse me of something when I repeatly explain how I am in favor of treating them all as individuals?

They are all lumped together in the fact that they're all treated too cautiously, which is what I meant.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids? - BFritz21 - 02-19-2018, 10:54 PM