Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
McCarron wins grievance, will be UFA
(02-15-2018, 07:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: We fumbled that one away.

Face meet palm.

I can't completely agree.  NFL feels arbitrator was wrong on this ruling. NFL says Bengals and Bengals Doctor did everything right in the way they put McCarron on NRI in his rookie year of 2014.  NFL says they will not fine Bengals because in NFL's opinion Bengals did everything right and this arbitrator is wrong. Plus Bengals traded McCarron to Browns in 2017 for a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick. The Browns were celebrating the trade. According to the Cleveland newspapers and National newspapers, the Browns were celebrating so much that they forgot to turn the trade into NFL Headquarters before the deadline time that day. The Browns fumbled the trade, not the Bengals. I think it is a mistake to put all this on the Bengals then. 

So because Browns were celebrating and forgot to turn the trade in they were celebrating, and because this arbitrator just made a decision that the NFL says was a bad decision, because of these two things the Bengals completely lose out on getting draft picks for McCarron. It really is a last second raw deal for our Bengals. Life is not always fair, the system does not always work. It is what it is. All that can be done is to forget about it and move on.  So McCarron was what, a 5th round pick. Normally you don't get 2nd and 3rd round picks for a 5th round pick anyway. McCarron has yet to show he can be a quality starter in the NFL.  In 2015, with Dalton injured, McCarron didn't look very good. In preseasons he hasn't looked that great either. There is no reason to over hype McCarron now that we get nothing for him. When I thought we might get something for him, I was glad to over rate him also. The truth is we have had better back-ups in Bengals history than McCarron. 

So Bengals got two raw deals on this, but it is what it is and team moves on.  It's not like they are losing a starter. As for the comp picks, the old blues song says you can't lose what you ain't never had.  Adios McCarron. Team moves on.  No way I completely blame Mike Brown and Bengals on this. I blamed Mike Brown on many things such as letting Zeitler and Whitworth both go.  I have blamed Mike Brown for many things.  The NFL is not known for backing up Mike Brown, so if they say Bengals got a raw deal by this arbitrator, it's probably true.  So we get no comp picks for a guy we drafted 5th round. It's not like when Carson Palmer left, McCarron wasn't even a starter.  Losing a 5th round back-up QB isn't going to make or break us in the long run. Have a good Free Agency and Draft anyway, GO BENGALS.  There are many things to be excited about with these new coaches. If they improve the blocking, the 7-9 Bengals can improve back to the play-offs. Blocking would improve our running and passing 100 % and less 3 and outs will help our good defense. I have doubts McCarron is going to be a star or even a starter, and I thought Driskel looked better last preseason. It would have been nice to con a team out of top picks, but in the end I could care less if McCarron leaves and he's kind of over rated at this point.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McCarron wins grievance, will be UFA - kevin - 02-20-2018, 11:49 AM