Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O-line overhaul-LT, C and RT are still not stable Mock
(02-17-2018, 08:05 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: My guess is that we see Ced again at LT and a tackle drafted in round 2 or 3.

(02-18-2018, 03:30 AM)pledgi Wrote: Of course Casserly mocks Quentin Nelson to us which kind of destroys your argument a bit.  I'd be satisfied with this mock despite not being overly thrilled with McGlinchey and the fact that McCarron won his grievance making it somewhat moot.  

(02-18-2018, 12:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If Quentin Nelson is there still ? 

Then think we have to take him. 

(02-19-2018, 10:40 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I see the Oline being addressed but idk if that fixes anything.  I think you have got to try and get Nelson in 1.  I think the bengals still have high hope for ogbuehi.  So if they can draft nelson resign andre and sign a zach fulton or ryan jensen from free agency then i think we go into next season with a much more improved Oline.  Andre can play left or right tackle although preferably at right and the hope is that ogbuehis play is much improved from last season.  Ogbuehi, boling, Fulton, nelson, and smith would be much more improved than last year.  doesnt break the bank and u dont go into this season like last with a bunch of young unproven guys on ur oline again.

My references to Charlie Casserly are more as a General Guide rather than a pick by pick absolute following of his views.

He won a Super Bowl as a GM which puts him in a very, very small group of people and of those Super Bowl winning GM's, I am not sure there are any others doing extensive Mocks that they update constantly until the Draft. Casserly also attends the Combine where he sees prospects up close and uses NFL Network resources to study players and teams. A good Guide and I am sure that there are other good guides.

As for Quenton Nelson, I would be more than happy if he ends up being the Bengals pick. I want Thoroughbreds added to the line and Nelson is a thoroughbred. A Nelson/Boling Guard combination would be a fine upgrade. Guard positions tend to be easier to fill than Left Tackle positions and we may have some decent right guard options on the team already including possibly Jake Fisher moving inside should we have gotten Orlando Brown in this scenario. I went with Mike McGlinchey here in large part due to the glaring need we have for a Left Tackle. I see McGlinchey and Nelson as Top half of the first round prospects at their respective positions with Nelson being more of a thoroughbred but at a position we are less desperate to upgrade or have less options to upgrade with. In short, I would be happy with either one as part of a sustained effort to continue to bring aboard Top Notch prospects until all five of our starting Offensive Linemen are an Elite Unit league wide.

Get 2 to 3 Pro Bowlers on the Offensive line via Drafts over the next two off seasons and have any non-pro bowl starters we have be pretty darn good themselves. I agree that Quenton Nelson is more of a sure fire Pro Bowl prospect at his position than McGlinchey is, so I would have no problem going Nelson's direction in the Draft. I see McGlinchey in the pretty darn good left tackle prospect category which is a position off greater need, so I could also be happy with going that direction.

Either way, my mindset would be to obtain a Top 5 offensive line, possibly Rival Dallas for the best Offensive Line in the NFL and put the thoroughbred pieces in place over the next 2 Drafts.

Turn a weakness into a strength by adding thoroughbreds.

This mock added Mike McGlinchey (LT), Orlando Brown (RT) and Frank Ragnow ©

Starting this process of Upgrading off by taking Quenton Nelson (G) would be fine with me though.

I am open to any Combination of players added that will ultimately get us there.

Right now the Bengals are trying to make Chicken Salad out of Chicken cr@p.

I want to keep buying Prime or Choice Grade Steaks in pursuit of an Elite O-line, while still having a good number of picks to address other positions. Turn this O-line weakness into a Strength and then address other team weaknesses/units early in future Drafts. Let's face it, they won't be ponying up the money needed to get multiple Prime or Choice Free Agents.

Without pursuing it and investing in it, we may be lucky to just crack a Top 20 offensive line over the next 2 seasons, if the Bengals stay their typical course.

To me, if you are not pursuing ELITE status, then you likely won't ever see ELITE status.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: O-line overhaul-LT, C and RT are still not stable Mock - depthchart - 02-20-2018, 01:45 PM