Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids?
(02-23-2018, 12:51 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: This is from your first post, "Are some kids unable to reach their full potential because they're labeled with Autism or anything else so they're all treated one way instead of looking at the individual child?

And as your friend told you, the plans vary which means they aren't lumped in and treated the same.

And you literally wrote the teacher probably would have been overprotective; so, yes, you are saying he probably would have been overprotective despite now claiming you're not claiming that.

What I meant, and I believe that I've made it clear, is that they're labeled with something like Autism and then treated the same as in being overprotected and not given the chance to reach their full potential.  Teachers treat the label more than the individual child.

I didn't make a definite statement in either case, but, if he would have been, it would have been because he was afraid of the repercussions of treating the child in a unique manner.  Teachers are most likely told to follow the 504 reports to a T with little-to-no wiggle room.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Schools Too Protective Of Kids? - BFritz21 - 02-23-2018, 02:17 AM