Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"That's So Bengals!" Mock
(02-23-2018, 12:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: NFL.com, NFLDraftScout, and Walter Football all seem to disagree with you, as do I.
For Gesicki, I see a TE that was able to often get separation and be a pass catching threat both from the slot and inline.
He's also averaged over 600 yards and 7 TDs per season the past two years, so he has production.
He may not be "fast", but he's expected to run around the same 40 speed as Eifert and Ertz (around 4.7). I think the 3-cone is very important for determining whether a TE can get separation or not since they are typically covered by a LB that has about the same size and speed. If Gesicki has a poor 3-cone at the Combine, I'll start to reconsider Gesicki's effectiveness as a legit receiving threat for the NFL.

It will be interesting to see what order the following TEs all go in the draft:
Mark Andrews
Hayden Hurst
Dallas Goedert
Mike Gesicki

Personally, the order I have above is the order I would go.

After those guys, I see the next group as:
Ian Thomas
Dalton Schultz
Troy Fumagalli
Durham Smythe

Fumagalli, Smythe, and Schultz I see as more old-school TEs that do a bit of everything but do seem to have a capped ceiling when it comes to being a receiving threat in the NFL. Thomas I see as being good potential as receiving threat but not having a lot of receiving production in college to give a ton of confidence he will succeed.
Actually saw a mock yesterday, believe it was MSN, but had us taking Andrews in the 4th.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
"That's So Bengals!" Mock - ochocincos - 02-22-2018, 02:48 PM
RE: "That's So Bengals!" Mock - sandwedge - 02-22-2018, 06:10 PM
RE: "That's So Bengals!" Mock - ochocincos - 02-23-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: "That's So Bengals!" Mock - sandwedge - 02-23-2018, 12:38 PM
RE: "That's So Bengals!" Mock - ochocincos - 02-23-2018, 01:13 PM
RE: "That's So Bengals!" Mock - ochocincos - 02-23-2018, 11:00 AM