Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would I do if I ran the team?
I'd trade Dalton for a first and some change if the scenario presented itself. If the team saw a quarterback at 12 that they decided that they liked moving forward, then why not? Get Dalton's deal off the books and start over with a qb on a rookie deal. I'd still want a lot for Andy, though.

Unsure about trading Green, though. On one hand, I think we've seen his best football. The decline will come sooner than we'd like to admit, and with receivers it's usually a hard, fast fall. On the other, he's still our best player bar none. You're punting for a season or two if you let him go.

It's an interesting scenario that I wouldn't dismiss out of hand. I love the veterans. I thinking letting Whitworth go last year basically killed this team's season before it happened. Unfortunately, however, I also think that this team's strategy of forgoing any heavy activity in free agency to keep aging players on the roster is a huge mistake at this point. The Dalton-Green era stars have likely shown their best and won't get better. They'll get worse. Tying up cap hanging onto all of them is a bad idea. A couple key ones? Sure. We all know how unlikely they are to let go of a player under contract. How long would it take them to commit to an actual rebuild? Keeping guys is great, but if you aren't supplementing them with outside talent while they still have some gas in the tank, then it's for naught.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would I do if I ran the team? - samhain - 02-24-2018, 11:06 AM