Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI Pre-Combine / Pre-FA Mock Draft
(02-23-2018, 12:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: one scouting report on Brown

Orlando Brown | 6'7 | 350 | OT | Oklahoma - Brown is a massive mauler who lacks great lateral movement and fluidity, but rarely gets beat. He uses his size well when pulling to shield off LBs. Because he is so large, he will get lazy at times and show signs of struggle with his conditioning. Provided that he doesn't get winded and has his head straight, he's a monster. His game tape against Ohio State shows as much.

I'm on the fence with this guy, but I will say he is a change from drafting the athletic type OT..ie Og.  We need to run block too.  Stats show we rushed for 72 1st downs all season ly which was among the lowest in the league.

Brown is big.   Lazor wants big.   I think he ends up a Bengal - he or McGinchley.   I think Brown's a right tackle starting out.  I have no idea what his football mind is like.  That's a critical piece.

And if he clears the physical and is smart I like Connor Williams.  But at this point no one really is comfortable anticipating him being reliable enough to go at 12.   But the little I've read about from 2016 he is very enticing.

Going to be fun to watch this draft.  Hope we get really lucky!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
SI Pre-Combine / Pre-FA Mock Draft - Stewy - 02-21-2018, 11:30 PM
RE: SI Pre-Combine / Pre-FA Mock Draft - 3wt - 02-24-2018, 05:15 PM