Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018.
(02-24-2018, 11:31 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't see anything either Evans or Vigil did last year that made them set-in-stone starter material.  

Maybe the team just feels that their needs on the o-line are too numerous to invest an early pick in a linebacker.  That's the only justification I can envision.  They could sign a decent linebacker, I guess.  

The organization showed us last year that a player sucking monster balls for one season doesn't equate to the team moving on from the player.  I think they're going the Ogbuehi route with Vigil and I'd guess that it will go largely the same way it did for Ced.

Bodine has sucked for 4 season and they want to resign him ! Also he's another guy like you mentioned that was just handed a starting job. The jury is still out on Vigil but if he doesn't show progress in year three chances are slim he does anything in year four. The issue is we don't sign many impactful free agents and we rely almost entirely on the draft which we have pretty much sucked at as of late outside of drafting Jackson III and Lawson. So when your draft picks blow and you don't sign any good free agents, or resign back your good free agents there's a high probability that your team will blow. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018. - lone bengal - 02-25-2018, 12:21 AM