Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018.
(02-24-2018, 04:32 PM)Synric Wrote: So you cut him after one season and not give him a chance to develop?

This, but it is actually two seasons.  He flashed ability in coverage, but some of the angles he takes on tackling assignments leave him whiffing in the air.

I think with better LBs around him (Like a real MLB and Burfict back at Will) or playing with Burfict in nickel but with a better safety than Shawn Williams, he would be fine.  Do I think he will be a Pro Bowler?  No, but he appears to be solid in coverage and that is a major weakness on this team.  I think he could benefit in the run defense by better line play as well.  For as much as we pimped all the potential of Billings and Glasgow, they struggled in the middle and with the apparent loss of Topou, they need to think interior defensive line.  

Regardless, I think the point I am trying to get to is that he would probably work out fine with better defensive line play and safety help.  Right now, he needs to prove he can stay healthy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018. - SHRacerX - 02-25-2018, 12:15 PM