Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018.
(02-25-2018, 12:21 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Bodine has sucked for 4 season and they want to resign him ! Also he's another guy like you mentioned that was just handed a starting job. The jury is still out on Vigil but if he doesn't show progress in year three chances are slim he does anything in year four. The issue is we don't sign many impactful free agents and we rely almost entirely on the draft which we have pretty much sucked at as of late outside of drafting Jackson III and Lawson. So when your draft picks blow and you don't sign any good free agents, or resign back your good free agents there's a high probability that your team will blow. 

This is an excellent point:  the stubbornness of this organization to admit they whiffed on a draft pick is stunning.  Aside from the kicker that hindsight says we should have never let go, when do they let draft picks that are worst-in-the-league suck ever get booted?  Very few of late (WJIII, Mixon) have had the combination of opportunity and strong performance on the field early.  Most either languish on the bench with no opportunity until their rookie deal is almost up (Westerman, Redmond, Burkhead) or get the opportunity and never make a contribution (Ogbuehi, Fisher, Bodine)- Odd that a lot of those involve the o-line...our biggest weakness, eh?

I wish they would cut bait more often.  By this, you would set a greater standard of "perform or be punted".  Too many guys draw a paycheck without really contributing at all.

On the other hand, I have to tip my hat at the team's ability to take very late round picks, or UDFA, and turn them in to nuts-and-bolts contributors.  Guys like Hewitt, Vinny Rey, Fej, Erickson, and Brandon Wilson (who was a friggin's axe murderer on teams toward the end of the season...I want to find a way to get that guy a few snaps at RB, which he also played in college with safety) are solid contributors.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018. - SHRacerX - 02-25-2018, 12:38 PM