Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Offseason, FA and Mock
(02-26-2018, 04:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Theres a lot of unrealistic stuff going on here:

1.  I don't see any way that Arizona gives up a second round pick to move up 3 spots.  Maybe a 3rd, but I doubt it.
2.  Nelson at 15?  I'd be shocked if he's there at 12.
3.  ANY offseason that involves re-sigining Bodine is a waste.  There's no reason to waste anything on the guy.

In response:

1. In most cases I would agree with you, but with an early run on QBs likely to happen, we are sitting in a very strong position to charge a high price for the 12th spot.  If we need to throw in a future 3rd round pick to get the deal done, so be it.  Whatever we need to do to take their 1st and 2nd (within reason).

2. I agree to an extent, however I did about 10 simulated mocks and 9 of them he was available at that spot.  If he isn't available I would flip my picks and go best available T at 15 and take best available guard (Hernandez probably) later in the first.

3. I despise Bodine as a starting center.  I do.  But for the low price tag we get him back at (with only 30% of the salary guaranteed) it works out for us.  He would be better than most backup centers in the league without a doubt.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Offseason, FA and Mock - c12schleyer - 02-26-2018, 04:24 PM