Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018.
(02-25-2018, 12:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Between Paul Dawson and now Nick Vigil, the 3rd round hasn't been the place to find good LBs.

Interesting to compare these two guys.

Dawson was a fan favorite in the draft forum before we took him.  Kind of like Billings.  Lots of hype.  "Steal of the draft" talk.

Vigil was kind of the opposite.  I clearly remember that almost everyone complained about the pick when we first took him, but he eventually got some love (partly because he was white).  The Chuck Norris thread was actually a joke.  I don't think many people took that seriously.

I can't be too hard on Vigil because I don't have Sunday ticket and watch every game anymore, but in the games I did watch it seemed that a lot of the rushing yards we gave up was on the LBs.  It seemed like RBs would cut back and there would just be huge open spaces to run.  Although run defense does start up front sometimes people are too quick to blame everything on the D-line when some of those rushing yards are on the LBs.

To me LB is a huge need and I would not mind using the #12 pick on a LB if the right type of guy was there.

Burfict is the best Bengal LB in 40 years, but he is one "questionable hit" delivered away from a half year suspension. and one good head shot received away from his own retirement.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please tell me Nick Vigil won't be starting in 2018. - fredtoast - 02-26-2018, 06:51 PM