Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would I do if I ran the team?
(02-26-2018, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man i usually agree with you on almost everything, but not about Lamar Jackson. When i watched this guy play i was less
than impressed especially with him in the pocket passing the ball. RG3 was much better in college at passing out of the pocket
and they tried to run that RPO in Washington with him and look what happened.

We already have a player a lot like Lamar on the team already who is bigger, stronger and can pass the ball better in Jeff
Driskel. I don't understand the Lamar Jackson hype at all. I like Rosen, Mayfield, Rudolph and even Allen more than Lamar
for the NFL. I truly think Lamar will be out of the league just like RG3, he will be broke.

Dude is way skinnier than RG3 was even and just looks frail and if you draft a fast QB he better damn sure be able to pass
the ball first before running.

He could certainly stand to add on 20 lbs, but he could add 10 his rookie season easily.  I actually think he did a really good job of not throwing INTs (10 on 430 pass attempts) and he didn't have a handful of first rounders out there helping him, either.  Not on the offensive line and not in his receivers corps.  

I whiffed on DeShawn Watson when he got to a team like the Texans big time.  I thought all the things you described about Jackson (and he did get injured), but Watson gave defenses fits because of his mobility and ability to scramble and extend plays.  Jackson is a much better runner and has more elusiveness as well.  I like Mayfield a lot, but I know he had one of the best offensive lines in college football and a really creative offensive coordinator that got him clear throwing lanes with a moving pocket.  

I think Jackson is a bigger, even more athletic Mike Vick, without the dumbass.  I just think that mobility and speed open up a whole other dimension.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would I do if I ran the team? - SHRacerX - 02-27-2018, 09:28 AM