Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would I do if I ran the team?
(02-27-2018, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He could certainly stand to add on 20 lbs, but he could add 10 his rookie season easily.  I actually think he did a really good job of not throwing INTs (10 on 430 pass attempts) and he didn't have a handful of first rounders out there helping him, either.  Not on the offensive line and not in his receivers corps.  

I whiffed on DeShawn Watson when he got to a team like the Texans big time.  I thought all the things you described about Jackson (and he did get injured), but Watson gave defenses fits because of his mobility and ability to scramble and extend plays.  Jackson is a much better runner and has more elusiveness as well.  I like Mayfield a lot, but I know he had one of the best offensive lines in college football and a really creative offensive coordinator that got him clear throwing lanes with a moving pocket.  

I think Jackson is a bigger, even more athletic Mike Vick, without the dumbass.  I just think that mobility and speed open up a whole other dimension.  

I've watched almost all of Jackson's games, being in Louisville. Those saying he can't pass out of the pocket simply haven't watched his last two years. Petrino fixed that aspect of his game by blowing the whistle on every play I practice as soon as Jackson pulled the ball and started to run. And last year, his numbers were better than the year before, his Heisman year, without the cast of supporting players. Lamar is a good passer. And, he is the best I think I have ever seen at escaping what seems to be sure sacs for loss of yardage instead turning them into huge gains. He is going to light up the NFL. My only question about him is how long he can last. I would be ecstatic for the Bengals to get him.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/2/27/17055058/nfl-draft-analyst-lamar-jackson-fits-bengals-round-2

Naw, he can't pass....

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would I do if I ran the team? - Sled21 - 02-27-2018, 11:53 AM