Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would I do if I ran the team?
(02-28-2018, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The video he attached shows his o-line ending up in his lap and his first step was usually backwards, even after his drop.  This line should make him feel right at home!

You know I love Dalton, but I can't help but feel how the weapons and a mobile QB could work together in spite of the offensive line.  

Another good point. Lamar didn't have a good O-line in college unlike Mayfield.

I am just not a fan of a QB with his release, looks a little funky. I want a QB who can thread the needle in the middle of the field.

But Lamar can score TD's in a variety of ways and that sure helps you win games. I just wonder how long he would be around.

I think he will be better than RG3 and Kaepernick the more i think about it. I just think Dalton should stick around and i don't
want to use a first round pick on a QB, i find this to be a rebuild cause we won't know what we have with the crapshoot Draft.

We know what we have in Dalton. When he had a decent O-line in 2015 he was in the MVP discussion. I say get back to that
and keep him and AJ Green around so we can make a run with them. That is, if they have any confidence in this coaching staff.

I could totally understand them wanting out after the Whit fiasco. The disrespect given to Whit was truly egregious IMHO.

(02-28-2018, 10:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I ran the team, I would change the way I did things in the past.
1. I would cut under performers to motivate others to perform and also free up cap space
2. I would not trade away my best 2 offensive players and put us in rebuild mode again with no proven QB on the roster.
3. I would trade picks 5 and 6 for an extra 4th to get us 6 picks in the top 140 so try and get better quality versus grabbing guys (quantity) we end up losing anyway.
4. I would go after a LT like Solder or Glenn and a center in FA with the extra cap money I saved by letting Jones and others go.

I think with a great draft and going after the right FA's to solidify the OL this team could be back to the playoffs.

I think this is the best plan. Nice post Luvnit. :andy:
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would I do if I ran the team? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-28-2018, 03:31 PM