Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers build thru Drafts but Top picks tend to take starting jobs sooner - Our flaw
(02-28-2018, 03:13 PM)depthchart Wrote: The point is that the Steelers have more of a tendency towards quicker starter replacement with their draft picks, while the Bengals tend more towards drafting a pipeline of future starters.

Still not seeing tbhat much difference.

If this is the point you are trying to make then list exactly how many Steelers draft picks start opening day.  Then coma[pre it to the Bengals.

Green, Dalton, Boling, Zeitler, and Bodine all started immediately.

Eifert was not listed as a starter, but as I already pointed out he played more snaps than a lot of the guys you claimed were drafted to be "immediate starters" for the Steelers.

Boyd played more snaps as a rookie than Schuster-Smith.

Bernards rookie numbers (613 snaps, 1209 yards) are almost identical to Bell (677 snaps, 1259 yards) and of course Jeremy Hill had more yards than either of them his rookie season.

So I don't really see the Steelers getting that many more "immediate starters" than the Bengals.  What I do see is 4 Bengal first round picks that were slowed by injury their rookie seasons (Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jackson, and Ross) and people extrapolating from those 4 picks to try and define our entire draft strategy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers build thru Drafts but Top picks tend to take starting jobs sooner - Our flaw - fredtoast - 02-28-2018, 05:13 PM