Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals want to make Mixon the “Bell cow” back
(02-28-2018, 10:32 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: I'm not sure how you can make this claim.  Through 10 games last season Gio had 49 total touches.  31 carries and 18 receptions.  I recall starting a thread on "where is Gio?"  He averaged fewer than 5 touches a game through 10 games and then only in the last 6 games did he get 71 carries, (almost 12 per game)  and 25 receptions (almost 4 per game) to get around 16 touches a game.  With the Bengals once again anointing Mixon the starter, as they essentially did last season when Hill went down, and saying they're going to feed him the ball (regardless of the facts he struggled mightily, and Gio was outperforming him) what do you base your assumptions on that Gio will still get his carries?  Gio and Mixon essentially split carries the last 6 games with Mixon getting 74.  This is when they were BOTH most effective.

Hill will not be here this year, and Gio and Mixon split the carries the last 6 games.

I see no reason to think that will change.  Mixon will get more carries than Bernard, but Bernard will still get 100 to 150.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals want to make Mixon the “Bell cow” back - fredtoast - 02-28-2018, 10:48 PM