Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals want to make Mixon the “Bell cow” back
(03-01-2018, 04:47 AM)kevin Wrote: As for Bell Cow, I noticed most NFL Super Bowl type teams don't have a Bell Cow.  What Eagles and other teams use is a stable of running backs.  Teams have a good 3 yards and a cloud of dust type, a big run type and a pass catcher type all on same team. Not just Eagles, but Bears with their Bell Cow mix in the pass catcher. Redskins mix in runners and pass catchers. Saints mix it up, so do Jaguars and Steelers even with Bell.  Mixon has yet to prove he is a Bell Cow. Is Bernard back with Bengals, because often he looked like Bengals best back in 2017.  Bengals need 3 or 4 good running backs. I'm noticing more and more the play-off teams have a Stable Of Running Backs such as Super Bowl Champ Eagles.  Patriots use a stable of running backs.  Some of the best Bengals teams ever had a stable of running backs such as 1988.  

In general I agree with your point.  Most teams use at least 2 main backs.  But I want to point out that Le'Veon Bell had over 400 touches last year.  He led the league with 321 carries and added 85 receptions.  That is too much.  Generally a RBs production will drop the year after he has more than 400 touches.  So stay away from Bell in your fantasy drafts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals want to make Mixon the “Bell cow” back - fredtoast - 03-01-2018, 10:10 AM