Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would I do if I ran the team?
(03-01-2018, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The only QB that has been a consistent runner in the NFL is Cam Newton and he is an absolute freak.

Not bashing Lamar.  Just facing the reality that the hits in the NFL are MUCH worse than in college.  The defenders are bigger, faster, and harder to dodge.

Good point, which if you remember back to the original post, it was about designing a RPO offense around Lamar, with him rushing being the last option.  His escape ability could move chains, but not run downfield and take hits.  He would be coached to get down or out of bounds.  I agree it is another whole level of defenders, but he would also have another whole level of weapons and running back.  Scramble if neither of the first two options are there, but scramble to throw, not to run.  More like Wilson, than Newton, who has a solid 30 lbs on Jackson.  

I am just ready to try a new direction.  This offense, I would wager, would never on their best day put up a 45 burger on pitt or the pats to beat them.  Never.  I think a QB like Jackson would frustrate the hell out of defenses and we simply can't say that at all about the offense we currently employ.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would I do if I ran the team? - SHRacerX - 03-01-2018, 10:21 AM